How to delegate file comparison completely to CompareIt!

Post your new features ideas and suggestions here.
mfortier

How to delegate file comparison completely to CompareIt!

Post by mfortier »

I am evaluating the CompareIt and SynchronizeIt "bundle setup" downloaded from your website today.

I find CompareIt particularly interesting because the regular expression feature allows to exclude section of text. Sadly, I did not find how to make such regexp comparison be used by SynchronizeIt.

===

I have two files that have different date and size, but the content is "identical" because some lines are ignored by regexp.

SynchronizeIt always indicate that these two files are different (which is not what I expect). When I press <Enter> CompareIt is launch and says instead that the files are identical (which is what I expect).

SynchronizeIt is set for "Content" comparison, but it seems that it does not totally delegate the decision of file comparison to CompareIt.

If a solution to this already exists (or can be implemented), please let me know and I will buy the bundle.

Thanks,

\Mario

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

No, at the moment you can not use ComapreIt this way. But this is planned for future.

mfortier

Post by mfortier »

It seems that others asked for a similar feature since a while:

http://www.grigsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=877
http://www.grigsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=374

An alternative to a full integration would be options like:

Code: Select all

[X] Content comparison done by CompareIt
      [X] Use INI File   [               ] ...
Meaning that SynchronizeIt would get a boolean (file identical or not) just by launching an external/hidden CompareIt for each file. The user should also have the option to designate an INI file to define the behavior.

I beleive this would really leverage the value of the bundle.

\Mario