|Options Dialog Box: Comparison
You use the Comparison page of the Options dialog box to set comparison options for files and lines in files.
After you set comparison options, you must rescan the files you are comparing, for the options to take effect.
Most file comparison options are grouped into Profiles, so you can quickly toggle them later. See details
To set file comparison options:
The Options dialog box appears.
- In the Options box, click Comparison.
- Select Profile you want to edit.
- Use the check boxes under Ignore blanks to define which blanks Compare It! should ignore during comparison:
||To ignore blanks ...
||at line start
||at line end
||between letter and not-letter
||change in number of spaces
- To ignore special escape characters, like Form Feed (0x0C), set the Ignore special characters option.
- To ignore added empty lines during comparison, select the Ignore inserted empty lines check box.
- To ignore wrapped lines, select the Ignore line wraps check box.
- To ignore case during comparison, select the Ignore case check box.
- If you define a value (N) in the Min string length to match field, the same lines of length below N will not break a block of changed lines.
This can be useful for programmers, otherwise just set it 0.
- To specify line columns to compare (for example, ignore first 5 characters), select the Use columns range check box and enter a number in the field.
See Defining Column Ranges for details.
- To toggle moved sections detection, use Find moved section check box.
See Moved sections discussion for details.
- To automatically use partial matching engine in whole file, set Force partial matching check box.
See Partial matching for an explanations.
- To ignore comments in programming languages files - set Ignore comments check box.
- To force Separate mode for all changes, set Never align mismatches check box.
- If you want to use regular expressions to ignore parts of lines in files, select the RegExps page.
Use this page to add and remove regular expressions. Please note that RegExps list
is shared between all Profiles.