Thanks!

Discussion of latest beta of Compare It!
Post you bug reports and suggestions here
brahman

Thanks!

Post by brahman »

Thanks for adding possibility to move blocks and also show merges in right click on merge bar. :D

I already used the new move command and it works flawlessly! :)

And you are right: It should be on the right click menu!

And while you are fiddling with the right clicks: Could you add to the merges you just recently included in merge bar right click their respective keyboard shortcuts? Right now you only have the first two listed, but it is a great way of learning the keyboard commands if one has them shown in right click (and it looks better for consistency).

Regards,

B.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

The problem is there is no key shortcuts for these commands - if you will define some in options, it will appear there automatically.

brahman

Post by brahman »

Yes, you are right, of course! :wink:

I confused keyboard shortcuts with having to press Ctrl or Shift or Shift and Ctrl together to get at the mouse operations for these commands.

I just tried to define shortcuts for them, but it is not possible: Only the generic "insert above" or "insert below" can be defined, not the specific "insert above in source" or "insert below in target". :(

It would be nice to have the "Line to Dest" commands also in the right click menu when clicking on the text. One would intuitively expect it there and novice users may think CI does not support this operation or at best start hunting for it.

Regards,

B.