Compare It! 3.8.6.1785 crashes on launch

Post your bug reports here.
ejsaavedra

Post by ejsaavedra »

I recently encountered a similar problem where I launched CompareIt! and the program "hung"... turns out the last time I used CompareIt! was on files that were on a network share that requires authentication. Since I had rebooted my machine since the last time I did a file compare, my credentials were lost.

Not sure if this is the cause of your problem, but it would explain why only some users experience a problem.

MBrunner

Post by MBrunner »

Hi there,

I am experiencing this issue too, with build 3.8.6.1771. I'm diffing a file from Perforce with a local file, and while it used to crash about 1/10 times, it's now more like 4/5 - moderately annoying.

Here's a Ctrl+C of the error popup:

---------------------------
Compare It!: wincmp3.exe - Application Error
The exception Integer division by zero.

(0xc0000094) occurred in the application at location 0x004361d0.

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program
OK Cancel

As others have said, the exact same files work sometimes and not others. I checked the command line it's using in Perforce, and it's just doing %1 %2, which get replaced with the two filenames in question. I manually created this full command line at a command prompt, and it worked fine. So it may be something with what Perforce launches the app or maintains the temporary file that is the copy of the depot file.

Hope that helps!

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Thank you for report! I have already received reports with similiar problem - it seems that Perfoce invokes comparison tool a bit too fast after extracting version from database. I will try to add some delay in case file could not be read.