Reporting Space character in html report

Post your bug reports here.
comptale

Post by comptale »

Hi

I would like to know if its possible to report space difference in html report. for e.g

world cup vs world cup

The space difference between world and cup does not accurately show in the html report.

Also is it possible [really important] to see the space difference in color or some special characters so that space difference really stands out in html report

such as

world cup vs world *** cup

or any other character.

thanks in advance

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Thank you for suggestion! I will try to do that.

comptale

Post by comptale »

Thank you,

1. Is it possible to know when and in what release this could be available.

2. When view whitespace's is turned on the space difference is shown in red dot, along with tab difference is shown as '>>' in compareit editor.

3. However this difference which is visible clearly in editor is not carried forward into html report.

4. Is it possible to see the difference and control them through some settings in options dialog box, such as

see space difference in html report = true
see tab difference in html report = false

5. Till this feature is available. Is it possible to use some reqular expression to select red dot [diffence in space] in right pane and left pane of the editor and replace them with some other characters and see them appear in html report. Basically is it possible to write regular expression to replace the red dot [space difference only and not other spaces] in find and replace dialog box.

My requirement on this is urgent.

Your help on this will be very much appreciated.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Can you try this version - http://www.grigsoft.com/wincmp4b.zip ? Currently it will always highlight blanks.

comptale

Post by comptale »

I recieved new version, in initial testing i did see difference being carried forward into html report, I am still evaulating this version. Can u also please comment on following.

1. I am currently using version 3.9.9.1911 with unicode support, would this version also support all previous features + unicode support. I do need unicode support, as was available in previous version.

thanks

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Here is Unicode build with this feature:
http://www.grigsoft.com/wincmp4bu.zip

jmckeown

Command line usage

Post by jmckeown »

Just letting you know (and I'm sure your updating the beta all the time), that the command line usage of the file I downloaded from this thread always reports my files as identical even if they are completely different. I use the options /g:hsen0 test.html.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Thank you for your report!
When did you downloaded that version? Can you try to get an update from same link again?

jmckeown

Post by jmckeown »

I downloaded it on May 31st, I will try it again tomarrow. I appreciate your feedback.

jmckeown

Post by jmckeown »

It now works correctly in command prompt mode. However, if hex convertor is turned to "automatically detect file type" then no report is generated in command prompt mode using the same options i listed earlier.