Custom Syntax

Post your bug reports here.
Höd

Custom Syntax

Post by Höd »

Didn't spot a question forum so I guess I need to ask here.

Probably something I have wrong but, I'm just wondering why the comments in my file is not recognised as such. I set them to be a specific colour, (so I can ignore them) but when it is displayed I see the numbers and keywords highlighted instead. It's a line that has been commented out, it ought not be looking for numbers and keywords.

LineComment: \ ;

The above is right isn't it ? Whenever a \ or a ; is seen, the rest of the line is comment.

So what have I got wrong ?

Thanks.
Höd

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Höd,
In fact currently only single line comment style is expected, so multiple entries are not recognized. But this is not a problem, I will add this in next beta update.

Höd

Post by Höd »

Thanks for the reply. The problem is I have already tried reducing the number of comment symbols to just the slash, and the line still doesn't seem to be recognised as comment.

For example I am looking at a comparison now, and a line starting with a \ is not grey on white, as defined for "Syntax: Comment", but ... ah ha I have just noticed something. On rare occasions it is seen as a comment.

Example. The following is some variable use I've commented near the start of the file

\ @0 =
\ @1 = DTMF Detection
\ @2 = DTMF Detection
\ @3 = DTMF Detection
and so on

The first line is seen as comment ¹ (well, all expect for the \ though, which is intriguing). All the other lines are not, and are the normal "Same" colours, except for the digits which are in the "Syntax: Number" colours.

Note ¹ Actually that isn't quite right either. Instead of showing grey on white it seems to be showing grey on Windows default. In fact all those example lines seem to use the Windows default background regardless. Something about the "Syntax" background colours maybe ?

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Can you send me your highlighter file in current state?

Höd

Post by Höd »

Sorry, the highlighter file is which one ? Is this the .chl file ? Or the wincmp3.ini file ?

What e-mail address would I send it ?

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Yes, the chl file. Send it to support@grigsoft.com.

Höd

Post by Höd »

Thanks for the new version to try. as mentioned it is improved but seems to have problems where, for readability's sake, I've entered a blank line, save for the comment symbol at the start of the line.

It seems to not spot the CR/LF immediately after the \ and treats the following line as comment instead.

(BTW: Not that it really matters, but it still uses windows default as the background, rather than the white as specified.)

Cheers,
Höd

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

You have removed \ in EscapeChar field in syntax file?

As for Windows color, yes, this is by design. I'm planning to add support for basic system color in color selection, then white will become just white.

Höd

Post by Höd »

:D

To be honest I thought the ref to the escape character was just thinking out load early in the investigation, and that the new exe sorted it all.

Removed the ref to the escape character. Works brilliantly now.

Thanks.