[closed] 3.7: Program crash when pasting on empty lines

Post your bug reports here.
Nick

[closed] 3.7: Program crash when pasting on empty lines

Post by Nick »

I have had the program crash twice when I was dealing with blocks of "absent" lines - once after I selected part of the block and hit CTRL+V and once I believe was after typing below the block and hitting the compare button. I'm using Windows 98.

Nick

Post by Nick »

Follow-up: I tested it again and can consistently crash it under these steps:

1. Two blank files, type something in each and hit compare.
2. Paste a block at the very beginning of the left pane, so that the contents of the right pane move to the bottom with rows of absent lines above it.
3. In the right pane, with the mouse from the bottom line up past the top of the pane.
4. Hit CTRL+V to paste again.

Hope this helps.

Nick

Post by Nick »

P.S. Again: Thanks for a great program, I use it constantly, and it's always come through for me!

:)

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Thank you for report! But could clear up your step 3? I could not yet reproduce the problem, but I will try it on 98 a bit later.

Nick

Post by Nick »

I'm sorry, it should have been:

1. Two blank files, type something in each and hit compare.
2. Paste a block at the very beginning of the left pane, so that the contents of the right pane move to the bottom with rows of absent lines above it.
3. In the right pane, with the mouse, left-click and hold to select from the bottom line of the text and drag the pointer up past the top of the pane and release the button to set selection.
(The entire right pane should be selected - I assume this is including the "empty lines")
4. Hit CTRL+V to paste again.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Thank you, I will try to fix this.