skip same files check box greyed out, no can skip 'em

Post your bug reports here.
tom b.

skip same files check box greyed out, no can skip 'em

Post by tom b. »

Hi, I've reinstalled and reconfigured, 'skip same files' check box is greyed out, so the feature isn't available. Didn't see any reference to it being an add-on. Eh whadoido? Am using xp on two boxes, have simple router network, running from the receiving computer.
tom:)

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Option "Skip same files" is available only with "Compare files of same size" - Synchronize It! by default will skip same files, this option will also skip files with different dates and same content.

tom b.

Post by tom b. »

Thanks, but maybe some other setting is messing me up - my scans are coming up with all (not just new) files from the originating directory, and marking to delete all files existing only in the target directory (which is correct). I have checked: include subdirectories, update destination only, ignore date and time, backup mode, skip system and hidden files. ??
:),
tom

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Try removing "Update destination only" and "ignore date and time" - first is of no use with backup flag, second means all files will be compared binary. What do you want to achive - plain backup?