Horizontal Scrolling

Post your bug reports here.
ajones

Horizontal Scrolling

Post by ajones »

I hate to drag this issue back up, but I never saw a post for the fix for not being able to use the horizontal scrolling feature. I can not click on the scroll bars to scroll. I need to click on a line that extends beyond the pane and move the cursor over to scroll.

Is this a bug, or do I need to configure something in my setup?

I am using version 3.5 of the software, and am running it on Windows XP Pro.

Thanks,
Andy

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Hmm, I have never heard about this issue. I could only suggest you have "WordWrap" ON, is this true? Try to upgrade to last version - it hides scrollbar in word-wrap mode.

ajones

Post by ajones »

I just upgraded to the latest release (3.8.1.1660) and still have the same issue.

I don't have wordwrap turned on. When I do, the scrollbars disapear, as I would expect them to, since there will be no horizontal scrolling. If I have wordwrap off, then the scrollbars are there, and they move if I cursor back and forth on a line that extends beyond the pane, but I can not click on the scrollbars with my mouse and drag them.

Hmmmm.

Andy

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

I assume in other applications SB is working fine?
You can not drag it, but can you click on arrows?

ajones

Post by ajones »

Actually, all other apps are working fine. I can both click and drag the SB, as well as click on the elevator buttons. In CompareIt! I can not do either of those.

odd .... really odd.

Andy

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Could you please send me your wincmp3.ini file? Also, is this problem visible on any files pair?

ajones

Post by ajones »

I sent you the file in a PM, because I don't have your e-mail.

This does happen with any file pairing.

Andy

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Thank you, still at least under W2K everything is working fine by my side. I will check a bit later in XP.

TonHu

Post by TonHu »

I had some trouble with horizontal scrolling about a year ago, but since then my Windoze was re-installed, including my Logitech mousedrivers, and the problem never reappeared.
Could re-installing any non-default Windows mousedrivers help here? or upgrading to the latest MS or Logitech drivers (If you have any of their mice, ofcourse :D )

HTH
TonHu

WaltP

Post by WaltP »

FYI, I'm not having this problem either on Win98, latest WinCmp

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Yes, I also thinks it is something with local drivers, but since other applications are working properly, there is something to tweak in Wincmp too.
Andy, which mouse do you have, and do you have any special drivers installed?