Inisort & Linesort plugins don't work on my PC

Post your bug reports here.
Matteo Beneventi

Inisort & Linesort plugins don't work on my PC

Post by Matteo Beneventi »

The INISORT and LINESORT plugins don't work on my PC!!!
They give error message (e.g. Inisort caused error in INISORT.EXE. Inisort will be closed. If problem persists, try to restart your computer) and then quit.
This is the setting I use:

ConfigPlugins0=INI Sorter
ConfigPlugins0Src=<C:\Programmi\Cmp\IniSort.exe>
ConfigPlugins0Dst=<{$Source_File} {$Converted_File}>
ConfigPlugins0Mask=*.ini
ConfigPlugins0Flags=0

I still use Windows ME :-(
Do you think the problem is the OS?

Thank you

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Hmm, OS maybe the reason. I think I didn't check addins on different systems. I will do it.

DT

Crash also on XP

Post by DT »

I have XP Pro and Inisort is crashing on this system too. Inisort is creating the destination file but it stays empty.

DT

Crash

Post by DT »

I was testing a little bit more with IniSort. The program is crashing when at the end of the file there is more than one CR (0D 0A in Hex).

But I have also an INI-file with no CR at the end of the file and it is crashing too. I do not know how you sort but perhaps while sorting there will be too many CR at the end.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Thank you very much for report! Your suggestion was almost right - the problem was with empty lines after comments, at least that is what I have found. I have just uploaded fixed version - could you check it?
http://www.grigsoft.com/cnv/inisort.zip

Thank you!

DT

Still crashing

Post by DT »

It didn't change much. It is still crashing. So there has to be still another error in the code. I will send you the file to the administrator account. I think this is the easiest way.