[closed] Static cursor

Post your new features ideas and suggestions here.

[closed] Static cursor

Post by Guest »

Just thought of a small potentially helpful addition.

Set the cursor on a specific line (say 10 from top) then choose
View:Lock
to lock the cursor to that window position. Now all displayed changes will be locked in place so the cursor won't move.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Hmm, do you mean that after I press, say, F8 (next diff), diff will be scrolled to this 10th position, instead of cursor jumping there?

Post by Guest »

grigsoft wrote:Hmm, do you mean that after I press, say, F8 (next diff), diff will be scrolled to this 10th position, instead of cursor jumping there?
Kind of. Instead of the cursor jumping to the next diff, the diff jumps to the cursor. Each difference will always start at line 10 (except at the top & bottom of file).

Also, as you scroll thru the doc using the cursor keys, the doc will move instead of the cursor.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

In this case it looks more like a general option, defining how to proceed all such acrions.

Tim

Post by Tim »

This is a good suggestion; I find it difficult to tell where the cursor is when cycling through diffs.

Alternately (or in addition), you could make the cursor more obvious by changing the highlight for the current diff, perhaps emboldening the text or lightening the background color.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Tim, have you checked "highlight current line" option?