using RE to filter numbers

Post your new features ideas and suggestions here.
A. ÜzÜmcü

using RE to filter numbers

Post by A. ÜzÜmcü »

In the last two versions in RE "Ignore lines not matching R1" is added. I use this function to filter all non important lines that can contain more search parameters. But I can't get it to filter one parameter in the left pane and to filter another parameter in the right pane.

Therefor I have a suggestion. Is it possible to give one parameter in the R1 field to filter this parameter in the left pane and another parameter in the R2 field to filter the second parameter in the right pane? these two parameters are not the same.

I think this would make it a lot easier to make a filter with different parameters.

A. Üzümcü

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

In fact I don't like the idea very much, since as result comparison results would depend on whether you compare fileA to fileB or fileB to fileA. Since you need different treatment for files, maybe you can assign different extensions?

A. ÜzÜmcü

Post by A. ÜzÜmcü »

We use Compare it! to compare some wiring loom. Some wiring loom looks the same but has different numbers and with RE it's hard to filter these numbers out because there are a lot of numbers.

We just want to compare one number from one file with the other number from the second file. So we need two parameters to filter the numbers.