Statistics Only Report

Post your new features ideas and suggestions here.
Ray

Statistics Only Report

Post by Ray »

We spend a great deal of time modifying a package software solution. Each time an upgrade occurs we have to match our changes to the new version / old version and re-apply to the new version. This is where you excellent software has proved invaluable.

Prior to commencing this task we often need to guage how much work is involved. To assist us with this we would like to be able to create a report along the following lines :

Code: Select all

Program Name      Lines      Lines       Lines     Total 
                  Added    Chnged       Deleted   Lines
ABC               9999       9999       9999	    9999
DEF               9999       9999       9999	    9999
And so on.

I have had a look and at 3.2 and tried to work out how to do this using the command line switchs to Generate a report with Statistics but I cannot do it.
I expected to run compareit once for each file and store the statistics somewhere and later merge them, or to be able to concatenate the results of one compare operation to the previous (and so on).
It may be that I can do it, but can't work out how, or possibly it cannot be done.

If the later, might you consider this as an enhancement for the future ?

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Should this report be in plain text format, so you could merge it later? Also, what about file names - full path should be used?

ray

Post by ray »

Plain Text is ideal and full path names would be best.

fturkmen

Statistics Only Report

Post by fturkmen »

Hi,
As far as I know it is not possible to gather only the similarity (or difference) statistics from command line usage of Compare It 3.2. Is there a way of comparing files that exist in a directory with each other and only get the statistics with 3.3.

Thanks.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

No, only getting stats is still not possible. If you want just to know which files are same, and which are not, you can use Synchronize It!