Compare without diff has beep, how to disable?

Post your new features ideas and suggestions here.
TonHu

Compare without diff has beep, how to disable?

Post by TonHu »

When comparing files with Compare It!, and the result is that they are equal (either because there are no diffs or regex exclusions make them equal), CI gives a default Alert message with a beep. I'd like to disable this beep, as I'm also playing radio through internet, and so can't disable Windows sounds.

TIA
Ton

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

You can disable just this alarm sound in ControlPanel>Sounds. Also you can set option in Compare It! "Use balloon messages" - they will be used instead of standard message box and go without sound.

TonHu

Post by TonHu »

The balloonmessage is indeed an option, but a) I don't like it much for a display (that's just me, sorry), and b) I can't still view the files, even though they are 'equal', either because they are actually equal, or the regex exclusions force it to be equal.

Request: Could the Balloon message dialog also get the OK/Cancel buttonset (and keep <Esc> as a Cancel action)?

TIA
Ton

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Well, the purpose of Balloons is to avoid such behaviour, there is no reason to make it work as message box but look different. In your case you can just disable message box sound in Sounds>Asterisk.