SynchIt! v3.2 unicode crashes on empty files

Post your bug reports here
AncientPC

Post by AncientPC »

WinXP Pro SP2.

This error has happened across multiple computers / laptops and always with a 0 byte file size. The error occurs regardless if transferring between two folders on my hdd or across the network.

AncientPC

Post by AncientPC »

Is it possible to set the filter to files > 0 bytes when using command line mode?

I use SynchIt! command line for automated backups of data but the program constantly crashes because it's not skipping the 0 byte files.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

If you are using Sessions (which could be good idea), you can add filter to Session. Otherwise I'm afraid there is no way to specify size filter - but I will add one shortly to beta version, it is not a problem.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

I have added a cmdline key in new beta: /size+0 in your case.

AncientPC

Post by AncientPC »

Thanks very much! I'll test it out when I get a chance to tonight.,

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

By the way, can you also try this version - http://www.grigsoft.com/wndsyncb.zip ?

AncientPC

Post by AncientPC »

Whatever you changed, it's working now!

I first confirmed the 0-byte file crash (in window mode) with v3.2.1397 again. Then I ran the beta wndsync.exe (in window mode) and it handled the same 0-byte file just fine.

I'm guessing it had to do with actually labeling 0 byte files in the display as opposed to an empty spot? At least with the non-beta, I don't remember crashing through command line. Either that or I couldn't detect the crashes.