Archive creation problem

Post your bug reports here
RogerLaw

Archive creation problem

Post by RogerLaw »

Not sure if this is a bug or I'm doing something wrong.

When setting the Start Dialog - Target field to a non-existant archive you are asked if you want to creat this archive.

This works for me with Zip and Arj, but not for Rar and 7z (or 7Zip), when it thinks I am trying to create a folder.

Same result in 3.2 & 3.3.1485 beta. I can not see anything wrong in wndsync.arc to cause this.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Do you have rar and 7zip configured with relative path? It seems that this might be a problem.

RogerLaw

Post by RogerLaw »

I have only modified the 7Zip section of wndsync.arc.

Rar section is 'as downloaded', similar to Arj section.

Interesting that Arj 'works' and Rar doesn't.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

RogerLaw

Post by RogerLaw »

This version (3.3.1487) is worse. Now Arj doesn't work. Only Zip asks to creat an archive, the other 3 ask to create a folder.

Edit1. Just a thought, though it probably has nothing to due with the problem, there is a space character before the extension text in the Options - Archives - Extensions field. It looks a little odd as the other 5 fields don't have a leading space.

Edit2. Also I note there is a trailing space after the extension text in this field, there isn't in the other 5.

Edit3. Hold on just found something inconsistent, will test some more then report in a short while.

Edit4. 7z is now working (i.e. if entered in Target field, program asks if I want to create archive). To get it to work I corrected a temporarily inserted error in the path at 'u='

So I'm now confused, both Arj and Rar, don't 'work'. If you test for a valid path to their executables when you check the target field this would make sense as I haven't set them up, but in the last version Arj worked and Rar didn't.

Roger

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Roger, can you send me your wndsync.arc? Maybe I could find what can be a reason?

RogerLaw

Post by RogerLaw »

wndsync.arc file sent to support at grigsoft dot com. Is there a better place/way to send files to you?

I noticed that the comments I put in seem to have disappeared. Are they stripped out by the program when it writes the file out after the user modifies the Options - Archives fields? (or is it my error in file handling?)

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

No, it's just fine - I got it, but have not checked it out yet. And yes, seems like comments are lost on editing from options dialog.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Roger, in your settings arj and rar are listed without path. But does synchronization with exising archives works in your case? It seems that SynchronizeIt can not find archiver tools. Are they listed in %path% variable? If you start cmd.exe and type arj.exe there - will it start correctly?