backed up files have a wrong "Date created" timest

Post your bug reports here
JAD1957

backed up files have a wrong "Date created" timest

Post by JAD1957 »

First of all, my congratulations for your great program. All the programs that I've seen that say that do backups or syncs, just don't bother to put the folder timestamp in the destination equal to the original !
Of course, that to consider a backup equal to the original, not only the contents of the files and folders must be equal, but also their properties (attributes, date modified, date created, ...).
Your program is the first one that I found to acomplish that, but that doesn't mean that it is free from bugs:

My system uses Windows Vista Ultimate and I just installed the Synchronize it! v3.3.1549.

Just for testing I selected for Backup a file and a folder with some files inside. After the back up I noticed the following:

- the "date modified" and "date created" of the backed up folder were equal to the original, like it should be.

- the "date modified" of the backed up files were equal to their originals, like it should be.

- the "date created" of the backed up files was the date and time of today and not equal to the "date created" of their originals.

Ex.:
1) Original file : get_video.flv
date modified : 09-08-2007 01:49
date created : 02-11-2007 13:43

2) backed up file : get_video.flv
date modified : 09-08-2007 01:49
date created : 03-12-2007 01:53 -> It should be 02-11-2007 13:43

With a "duplicate" operation the result was the same.

Note:
In the "Windows Explorer" usually only the "Date modified" is visible. If someone else wants to confirm this, to make "Date created" visible, right click in the title of the column (ex.: "Date modified"), then in "More..." and then in the attribute that you want to make visible in the Explorer, in this case "Date created".This new column will appear in the rightmost position. you can change its position by dragging it.

Continue your good work

Best regards
Damiao (Portugal)

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Thank you, you are right, I have never changed creation time since most users (including myself) never bother about it. But I will change it, it's not a problem.