Updating target doesn't update the time stamp

Post your bug reports here
ordy

Post by ordy »

Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong. I am using the update target function and each time I perform the preview certain files keep appearing to require updating even though they have old dates. The difference lies in their timestamps, but why are these not being updated when sync'd.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Are these files copied over, or you have any errors reported? Can you make a screenshot of this error?

ordy

Post by ordy »

There were no errors reported and I have tried this 3 or 4 times, each time the same files appear to keep wanting to be updated.

Please see the screenshot using the following link:

http://www.jdunlop.net/timestamps.jpg

Thanks for your help

Ian

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

That's strange. And what happens when you press Synchronize button? Does Synchronize It! appear to copy files successfully? Can you copy same files manually over?

ordy

Post by ordy »

Synchronize It! does appear to copy the files successfully.

I have tried to copy the files manually with the same outcome.

If I open one of the files, make a small change and then save the file, the next time I run Synchronize It! the target file gets updated fine.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Hmm, I haven't seen such problem before. Could these files be protected somehow?

TonHu

Post by TonHu »

I'm curius what destination the files are written to, possibly *nix through Samba? If so, it might need an update of the Samba stuff on the server/host side.

HTH
Ton