Parent Directory Does Not Show in Preview

Post your bug reports here
brahman

Parent Directory Does Not Show in Preview

Post by brahman »

Hi Igor,

If f.e. one wants to synch drive e: with drive h: (which is empty) and drive e: has a folder named trial and many subfolders but no file in the folder "trial" itself (only in the subfolders), then trial folder by itself does not show in the preview window and it is not possible to disable synching of trial in one swoop through recursive toggle but it is necessary to click on dozens of subfolders separately.

Quite tedious for a big synch operation with 40000 files and zillions of folders! :(

My workaround in this situation was to put a dummy 0 byte file in trial, but since I have seen you work wonders with little bug fixes like this in the past I was hoping you would be able to fix this soon, since I will have to do several of these operations in the next few days. :D

Also it would be extremely useful in big synching operations to be able to do a refresh (and also recursive refresh) for just the selected folder in case one does some renaming or changes outside of SI so that the entire process of previewing 40000 files does not have to be repeated.

Regards,

Brahman

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Thank you, Brahman! Yes, I prefer to do such fixes quickly, but in this case I still have to think the not-obvious UI approach first. I will try to do that, along with refresh command.