exclude folders

Post your bug reports here
Nadine

exclude folders

Post by Nadine »

Hi !
I've made a batchfile for one of my colleagues who wants to synchronize his "My documents" folder with a directory on the server. He wants the whole folder + subfolders except his pictures and his music. This is what I have come up with :

"c:\program files\synchronize it!\winsin.exe" "c:\documents and settings\daop\my documents" "u:\my documents" /X"C:\Documents and Settings\DAOP\My Documents\My Music; C:\Documents and Settings\DAOP\My Documents\My Pictures" /b /t /r

Unfortunately with this command no folders are excluded. It does work when I select them in the GUI but I can't figure out how to modify the command line so it would work...

thanks for any suggestions,
Nadine

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Thank you for your report! Seems like you are right, there is a problem here. The reason is you need to specify each long folder name in quotes, and additional quotes are required to gather them together. I was able to do the trick with this syntax:
winsin c:\ d:\ /X"\"C:\Documents and Settings\DAOP\My Documents\My Music\"; \"C:\Documents and Settings\DAOP\My Documents\My Pictures\""
Note \" inserted. But this is trick, I will have to add support for nested quotes, like "'long folder'; 'another long folder'"

Nadine

Post by Nadine »

Great, it works !

thanks,
Nadine