Wikipedia entry

Post your new features ideas and suggestions here.
Spitfire_ch

Wikipedia entry

Post by Spitfire_ch »

Hi,

I was so bold as to create an entry on Synchronize It! in Wikipedia, because I thought more people should know of your great tool!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchronize_It

I admit, I took many sentences from your webpage, and help-file, assuming you would not mind. If you DO mind, however, please let me know, and I will immediately remove the article again.

Also, taking sentences from your webpage got me some copyright issues, which might lead to automatic removal of the article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Synchronize_It

So, if you agree that I basically converted your product page into a wiki-article, I would appreciate if you could let me know as soon as possible, so that I can add a comment that will prevent automatic removal.

It would further be nice to post a screenshot, which is another copyright issue. If you allow me to post a screenshot, it should not be a problem, though.

Thank you and best regards
- spitfire
Last edited by Spitfire_ch on Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

It's just fine, I don't mind. However Wikipedia is known to avoid such articles, apart from very famous software, so I doubt it will live long.
Thank you for trying, anyway :)

Spitfire_ch

Post by Spitfire_ch »

Well, there tons of Wikipedia articles on stuff much smaller than Synchronize it!, including other synchronization software. Synchronize it! has well deserved an entry in Wikipedia. Let's hope the best :)

Please let me know if you want me to change parts of the artice (of course you can also change it your-self, but maybe you are too busy improving Synchronize It! and Compare It! even further ;)

So it's also ok by you to post a screenshot?

Thank you
- spit

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Yes, you can use any content from my site for Wikipedia articles, including any modifications and derivative works.

Spitfire_ch

Post by Spitfire_ch »

Thx :)