New (better) way to integrate SynchIt into Total Commander 7

Do you have anything to share with other users? Your opinions about our programs, suggestions for future products - everything goes here.
brahman

New (better) way to integrate SynchIt into Total Commander 7

Post by brahman »

Hi,

there is a new (and in MHO better) way to integrate CompareIt! into Total Commander 7 (as of beta 3) now.

Add the following line with your full path to CompareIt! file to wincmd.ini (in windows or program folder):

[Configuration]
Comparetool=C:\Program Files\Synchronize It!\wincmp3.exe

Make a button bar item with:
Command: cm_CompareFilesByContent
Icon File with full path to CompareIt! file and select icon you like.
Appropriate description. Done.

Advantage: You can now compare two files in the SAME folder as well as selected files in source and target. Or only select source files and CompareIt! will now automatically compare target file with same name.

Beautiful!

Enjoy.

Kind Regards,

Brahman

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Thank you, that's nice. But to simply compare selected files common method is better, I think. What is good - now TC will use CompareIt from it's own folders sync engine. I will update article on this topic.

brahman

Post by brahman »

grigsoft wrote:But to simply compare selected files common method is better, I think.
The new method has the advantage of being able to quickly compare files that reside in the *same* directory (f.e. a text file and its backup copy). All other compares still work.

What were you thinking about that is better with the old method, which is limited to explicit source and target folders/files in different panes? Maybe I have overlooked something ...

Ciao,

Brahman

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Oh, thank you, I have missed the ability to compare 2 selected files in same pane.

CaptainFlint

Post by CaptainFlint »

Another great feature I missed very much with the old way of using CompareIt from TC, is its ability to use CI even for comparing files from archives. Before CompareTool key was announced, it was impossible.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Thank you, I will point that out.