MMM3 server socket 10057 error

Do you have anything to share with other users? Your opinions about our programs, suggestions for future products - everything goes here.
Ninho

MMM3 server socket 10057 error

Post by Ninho »

Hi ! This is a question/ bug (?) reportabout Magic Mail Monitor 3, latest. If this is not the correct place, please redirect; I checkedsourceForge and saw the forum there is totally inactive !

Problem with MMM : installed latest version, with SSL support. OS Windows 2k SP4. MMM Keeps popping-up warnings that :

/!\ CConnectSoc::AsyncSendBuff() can't accept more data

... and when OK'ed, a new error box saying:

/!\ Server Socket failed to send: 10057

Edited : That above was using b17. I noticed the newer b18, tried it & crashed explorer in less than 5 minutes (in 2k SP4 fully patched).Edit end.

I never had any problem with the previous version (been using MMM on several comps for years).

I am indeed checking the SSL enabled POP3 servers.

HTH anyway, and thanks again for giving us MMM ! Shall follow this thread for any hints...

--
Ninho

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

This problem should be solved in b18, so we'd better try to find why it's crashing. In fact, it should not crash explorer anyway. Could you try that again? b18 includes 3 dlls, which should be in same folder. Maybe you have some newer (or older??) versions of these libraries?

Ninho

Post by Ninho »

Hi ! ... thanks for coming back to me...
grigsoft wrote: b18 includes 3 dlls, which should be in same folder. Maybe you have some newer (or older??) versions of these libraries?
Most probably older ones <grin> Anyway, the DLLs being in the exe's directory would be used wouldn't they ?
grigsoft wrote:This problem should be solved in b18, so we'd better try to find why it's crashing. In fact, it should not crash explorer anyway. Could you try that again?
Well, if it may help, I'm willing to. However I believe in computers being deterministic beasts, so if nothing changed the results are likely to be the same ! Don't you reproduce the crashing ? Perso, I deleted MMM3 and archive yesterday while cleaning the comp. I could re-download, but maybe a version which gave debugging diags would be more appropriate (or else can the production version output diagnostics ?)

Regards

--
Ninho

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

The problem is you may have same libraries in your system folder, and, as far as I know, in this case system may use already loaded modules instead of libraries in program's folder. So I would recommend first running plain exe, without libraries. Then add dlls till it will crash.
I can add some diagnostics, but at the moment I dont know what to track.
And I'm using b18 myself, sometimes for gmail box.

Ninho

resolved, hopefully...

Post by Ninho »

Good news : b18 seems to be working OK, both in Win 98 SE & in Win 2k !

DLL-wise, both OSes had the MSVCR71.DLL already in their respective windows system dir, so I deleted the copy in MMM3 folder (the 3 copies are the same version however, so I don't know if this was causing the problem yesterday, or something else. Self-resolving mysteries better left unexplained...)

While I'm typing in Linux, MMM3 has been running fine in Win 2k in a virtual machine. 5 SSL-enabled accounts, 1 regular. So I guess this is one more positive testimony in favour of MMM3 :=)

Thanks again

--
Ninho

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Thank you for information! Note that SSL support is still in beta mode, so please keep me informed about any problems you face.