MMM socket error in b18

Do you have anything to share with other users? Your opinions about our programs, suggestions for future products - everything goes here.
fafa

MMM socket error in b18

Post by fafa »

Hi

I've installed new version of MMM and since then it stoped working. Every account in MMM gives message 'socker error!' (if host is valid, otherwise it just says 'invalid host!'). Attempt to run b16 again results in the same error.

I'm not certain but some other programs seem to have stoped working since then (e.g. Google earth can't connect to the servers - I can ping server).

Could you help me? Or at least tell me what exacly what 'socket error!' means (I don't have time to figure it out from sources)

Regards
Filip

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

This is just a common error when trying to work with sockets. Since other programs fails, it seems that you may have replaced some system dll with wrong version, or something has changed in your firewall settings. Maybe now it blocks MMM?

fafa

Post by fafa »

I think it's dll problem but most programs has copies of the dlls in their directories so they use them instead of those in for example system32. Perhaps you have a list of dll that your program uses so I can check it and repair some dlls?

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

wsock32.dll is a main library for sockets.