Compare It: Differences in HTML files in repor

Do you have anything to share with other users? Your opinions about our programs, suggestions for future products - everything goes here.
POWVorti

Compare It: Differences in HTML files in repor

Post by POWVorti »

Hi!
Is it possible to show the difference between two HTML files in the way the files are shown in the browser?
If I compare

Code: Select all

<table border='0' width='700'><tr><td><font color='#001E0A'>Tabelle <b><i><font color='#3C0014'>tbl_Schnittstellenpartner - Übersicht</font></i></b><p><table width=619 border=1><tr bgcolor='#CAC19E'></tr><tr><td width=27><input type="radio" name="RBUTTONTest" checked></td><td width=277>Test</td><td width=187>Test</td><td width=128>existiert</td></tr></table></font></td></tr></table>
and

Code: Select all

<table border='0' width='700'><tr><td><font color='#001E0A'>Tabelle <b><i><font color='#3C0014'>tbl_Schnittstellenpartner - Übersicht</font></i></b><p><table width=619 border=1><tr bgcolor='#CAC19E'></tr><tr><td width=27><input type="radio" name="RBUTTONTest"></td><td width=277>Test</td><td width=187>Test</td><td width=128>existiert</td></tr></table></font></td></tr></table>
it is hard to see what is different between these files.
Thx 4 answers...

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Do you mean to display table with radio button in this case? no, currently this is not possible. With release of v4 it would be possible to add such viewer in future. But only to display files side by side in browser, without additional highlighting.

PS. you know about word-wrapping feature,don't you?

POWVorti

Post by POWVorti »

grigsoft wrote:Do you mean to display table with radio button in this case? no, currently this is not possible. With release of v4 it would be possible to add such viewer in future. But only to display files side by side in browser, without additional highlighting.
Well, to display the buttons would be nice but it's not necessary. Is it possible to display the table? I've seen that in one HTML comparison report.
grigsoft wrote:PS. you know about word-wrapping feature,don't you?
Mmmmh... Can you explain what you mean?

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

I mean if the problem is too-long lines, by using View>WordWrap feature you can significantly simplify changes reading.

POWVorti

Post by POWVorti »

grigsoft wrote:I mean if the problem is too-long lines, by using View>WordWrap feature you can significantly simplify changes reading.
No, that's not the problem...

I found an example where a HTML table is displayed in HTML report (I also tried it with a radio button):

It seems that a report can display HTML tags if there is enough space in the column to display them...

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Is it report from CompareIt? CompareIt can use external application to extract formatted text from HTML, but I have not yet found any proven tool to recommend or bundle with myself.

POWVorti

Post by POWVorti »

Yes, it is... Remember that the line on the right (### Siehe Screen-shot...) has not been compared (### is a regular expression that is ignored).
It seems that a HTML-line can be displayed if there is no comparison between the line in the other column.