Ignore certain field values while Comparing 2 files

Do you have anything to share with other users? Your opinions about our programs, suggestions for future products - everything goes here.
venkatesh03

Post by venkatesh03 »

Hi,
I want to know is it possible to ignore certain field values while Comparing 2 files. For example:

File1:
====

aaa|bbb|19|ccc
sss|vvv|13|nnn
yyy|zzz|15|mmm

File2:
=====

aaa|bbb|20|ccc
sss|vvv|13|nnn
yyy|zzz|30|mmm

My requirement is: In the numeric field, i need to ignore it if the field in File1 is within +/-10% of the corresponding field in File2. If more than 10%, then it should show difference,as in 3rd row.

In this example, the first row should not be highlighted for difference since 19 is within 10% of 20. For 2nd row also, there is no difference in the row.

Is it possible to do it in Compare it v4 with existing features? If any addin(external applications) need to be used to achieve it, how should i create the addin? which programming language is suited for it?

If any one know about it, Please reply.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Hello,
Just as I have answered in private letter, CompareIt can not do that at the moment. Also, I'm not aware of any other tool that can do that. Adding any external converters would not help - since it will only handle single file, and we need to adjast values depending on other files. So I can only suggest modifying CompareIt, but currently I have not yet found any nice configuration options to implement this without a lot of work. When do you need this job done? Is it one-time job or you do it often?

venkatesh03

Post by venkatesh03 »

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.

It is a one-time job. And probably this needs to be done in a week time.