Comparison of end tags

Do you have anything to share with other users? Your opinions about our programs, suggestions for future products - everything goes here.
rhollister

Comparison of end tags

Post by rhollister »

Hello, I am not sure if I am missing a setting or if it is a bug/feature that isn't customizable.

So we have an XML document. When I change the xml from:

<item/>

to

<item></item>

Compare it! does not recognize it as a change unless there is text inside of the tag. Without getting into the discussion of how there is no difference between the two, can someone explain why compare it would rewrite <item></item> as <item/>. And, if possible, how to change this?

Sincerely,

Ryan

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Yes, CompareIt uses XML reformatter, which does the replacement you describe. In fact this was one of few things I was going to add as an options for XML comparison - and I will add this in future. At the moment you can only disable XML formatting by View>ViewAs>Text, or by turning it off in options.

8Comp

Re:

Post by 8Comp »

grigsoft wrote:Yes, CompareIt uses XML reformatter, which does the replacement you describe. In fact this was one of few things I was going to add as an options for XML comparison - and I will add this in future. At the moment you can only disable XML formatting by View>ViewAs>Text, or by turning it off in options.
Ah, thats good to know. I think it would be great to have that feature, any idea yet when its going to be implemented?

---------------------------------
A user friendly computer first requires a friendly user.
My flash drive: Sony Micro Vault Tiny