Import without merging

Do you have anything to share with other users? Your opinions about our programs, suggestions for future products - everything goes here.
Gingko

Import without merging

Post by Gingko »

Hello,

Is there any way to import configuration (from a *.ini export file) on Synchronize It! or Compare It! without keeping anything from the previous configuration ?

Especially on Synchronize It!, this merges sessions with the previously existing ones, which is not necessarily what I want.

I tried to erase all "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\grigsoft.com" entries from the registry, this worked more or less (except I still get spurious sample entries as added in "new" installs), but unfortunately, it also deleted my registration (curiously, only for Synchronize It!; maybe registration should be kept in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE instead of HKEY_CURRENT_USER ?).

Gingko

grigsoft
Site Admin

Re: Import without merging

Post by grigsoft »

Hello,
Sorry for delay!
No, I'm afraid importing configuration always adds to current. You can delete current config just as you did. It's also possible to use ini file for config, not registry. Additionally, it's possible to create license file and place it in installation folder, so your license will not be lost.