Rar compresion problems and a request.

Do you have anything to share with other users? Your opinions about our programs, suggestions for future products - everything goes here.
Wepver

Rar compresion problems and a request.

Post by Wepver »

Hello,

I am not a really advanced user, and customizing Synchonize is quite difficult for me.
I did not get any answer through the “Contact us” form. Does it work properly? So I come here to the forum.

I have a Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits machine and I am experimenting some problems with Syncronize It!

I am trying to implement WinRAR but I cannot do it. :
1. The settings under the Archives section are reset after restart Syncronize It!
2. I check “Rar” and replace “rar32.exe” with ”C:\Program Files\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe” (I tested with “C:\Program Files\WinRAR\Rar.exe” and adding “C:\Program Files\WinRAR\UnRAR.exe” as unpacker too. I have try WinRAR 32 and 64 bits versions)
It creates Rar archives properly but cannot synchronize them. It is like if “Syncronize It!” could not see the files that are inside the rar archive:
2.1 When I create a new session with a rar archive as target, and I press the “preview” button, your software allows me to create a new archive.
2.2 Then when I press the synchronize button all the source files are compressed.
But when I press F5 or re-synchonize the rar archive again, then “Syncronize It!” wants to repack all the source files in the archive. They are in the rar archive already so, why it cannot see the packed archives? (The following process is launched during the synchronization: C:\Users\Wepver\AppData\Local\Temp\wsy3C89.tmp\redir.exe)

And the request:
I want to create a session that will allow me to “move” files (I know that this was already exposed in the forum). But I want to move files that are older than 20 days (not needed anymore) from source to target folder for backup purposes.
Is there any way to accomplish this job with Synchronize? If it is not. Is expected to be available this option in a near future?

Greetings and sorry for my English.

Wepver

Re: Rar compresion problems and a request.

Post by Wepver »

Please, could someone tell me how to integrate WinRAR in Syncronize It!? I want to compare and synchronize two RAR archives without decompressing them once and again.

By now I am using GoodSync for just moving files older than 20 days between two folders (time<-20d), and Synchonize It! for the other tasks.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Hello,
I'm very sorry about not answering your emails in time - I did received them, but checking WinRar +x64 require some time and I always put this away. I will try to handle your request in few days.

Wepver

Post by Wepver »

Thank for the clarification grigsoft.
I thought that it was an easy thing that most people here would know, because I found some comments about rar and Winrar but not about how to implement it in Synchronize It!
Does Synchronize It! require different configuration for WinRAR 32/64 bits versions?

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

No, 32\64 should make no difference in configuration, but I'm afraid x64 may require some changes in console output handling. Do you sync archive to archive or archive to folder? Will it show list of files in archive if you try to sync it to empty folder?

Wepver

Post by Wepver »

My message was deleted 2 times now. :(

Zip to Zip = OK
Zip to folder = OK
Zip/folder to rar = Everything is always copied inside the rar archive. Rar archives are always empty archives for SI! (So SI! never shows list of files in rar archives)
Rar to rar = No files were found to synchronize! (But sometimes there are files that should be sync and I always get that message)

francmulloy

Post by francmulloy »

any update.....

Wepver

Post by Wepver »

How is this issue going on?

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Sorry, not yet..