Settings for Magic Mail

Do you have anything to share with other users? Your opinions about our programs, suggestions for future products - everything goes here.
wiser

Settings for Magic Mail

Post by wiser »

Hi all!
I have been using Magic Mail for over 4 years and love it! Can't begin to tell or count how many times it has prevented me from downloading infected mails. But I just cannot seem to figure out how to set Magic Mail to receive/retrieve mail from Gmail?
Does anyone know how and can I get some help in how to figure out the setting on Magic Mail to receive my mail from Gmail?
Gmail does not report any explanations or procedures on how to set Magic Mail.
Thanks
Michael

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Sorry for delay with your mail message. Did you checked latest version of MMM? It includes description of proxy usage to connect gmail mailbox, check help file. You can also check MMM's forum at sf.net for help on this topic.

Michael @Gmail

re:Magic Mail set up

Post by Michael @Gmail »

Thanks for replying to my quest, but I have checked everywhere for help on setting up MMM to receive Gamil account, but I cannot seem to find any place where it deals with the set-up. Since I download all my e-mails accounts after having scanned them with MMM, but I cannot retrieve Gmails because I do not know how to set up MMM. I've tried deifferent ways but no chance. I can't even seem to find a forum on MMM where it deals with this problem.
If anyone scans e-mails from Gmail using MMM please can you share the info?
Thanks again
Michael

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Get b13 version, and open help file - there is topic on Connecting to GMail\hotmail. Basically, you have to use http://www.freepops.org/ proxy.
Also refer to this forum:
http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=235530