Incorporating Compare It! into Applications

Do you have anything to share with other users? Your opinions about our programs, suggestions for future products - everything goes here.
wayneph

Incorporating Compare It! into Applications

Post by wayneph »

I am currently working on an application that I need the ability to Compare two Text Strings and display the differences. It is going to end up as a web app for an internal project.

Is there any way that I would have the ability to purchase and use CompareIt in this scenario? I know that SQLDiff from ApexSQL hooks in and uses it, but I didn't know if a similar solution would work from a web based application.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

For your case our Comparison dll might work, if you are on windows hosting. You can try it at http://www.grigsoft.com/cmpdll.zip.

wayneph

Thanks for the Info

Post by wayneph »

Yes, this is intended for either an ASP or ASP.NET app so we will be on a Windows machine that we have full control of.

I will take a look at it. From the basic desccription of the help file I think it looks like it will do what I need. I just have to remind myself how to reference the .dlls calls from .NET. :)

I can't seem to find the .dll cost anywhere on the site so that I can give it to my manager if it works. This application will be running on a Single Server, but we'll also have a separate Test environment. The development PCs, will have Apex SQLDiff on it (with Compare It!). Will we be able to develop against that copy of the .dll or will we need to get additional copies for whoever develops? (Probably just one or two more people.)

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Dll price is no published yet, but it will not be high - 249$ for single developer and 599$ for Enterprise license - both includes free redistribution and 1 year of updates. Your case is idal for Enterprise license, covering all you might need.