Version 2 problem: Computer hanging terribly. Is it OK now?

Discussion of new Synchronize It! version.
WiseMax

Version 2 problem: Computer hanging terribly. Is it OK now?

Post by WiseMax »

Dear Grig:

I almost stopped using version 2 (which I bought together with Compare-it!) because of a nasty problem:

After using Synchronize-it! V. 2 with hard disk and hard-disk on USB-2 for long folders... Windows would say that it had no more resources and Explorer (and, consequently, the ability to close, terminate or contro, the program in any way were compromised - even Ctrl-Alt-Delete won't function.

No harm seemed to have been done - but this is a major pain.

The purpose of my post is to ask about this behavior in V3.

I'm trying it now, and I'll report later.

However, I don't see many references to this... Considering that USB and Firewire driven hard disks are now a popular backup resource, I figured I should call your attention to this.

On e final note:

Your program is SO very much faster than Microsoft's "PowerSync" toy!...

Regards,
WiseMax.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Thank you for your report! In fact we haven't yet any reports on this issue. I have used old version with my digital camera few times without any noticable problems. New version, I think, was not yet tried with flash. We will check it out.

WiseMax

Encouraging test

Post by WiseMax »

I am using V. 1.0.1145 of the V3Alpha (I think this is the lattest, isn't it?...)

Today I tried to synchronize most of the 160 HB hard disk with a similar 160 GB disk running in a USB-2 external box.

The synchronization was VERY heavy, since the computer is a seldom-used one that I'm trying to make current.

I am glad to report that this computer had absolutely no lock-ups all afternoon, which is the length of time I employed in the action.

That is not yet conclusive - but it is a very good sign!...

Apparently, Version 3 is now ready for the most commonly performed tasks!...

Good work!...