Update on Synchronize It! 3 ?

Do you have anything to share with other users? Your opinions about our programs, suggestions for future products - everything goes here.
mik

Update on Synchronize It! 3 ?

Post by mik »

Hi,
I was wondering if we could get an update on the expected release date of our preferred synchronization program. I am really looking forward to seeing the FTP synchronization!

Thanks!

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Unfortunately, I can not give out any release dates. Obviously it will not be ready in this year - right now I've switched to next version of Compare It!

mik

thanks

Post by mik »

Thanks for replying... even if I would have preferred another answer :(

Post by Guest »

i know you dont have a data of when we can expect Synchronize it 3 - but a couple of general questions of which I hope you can answer.

Have you started dev on Synchronize it 3?

Can we expect Synchronize it 3 within 6mos - or in 2004 for sure?

Will Synchronize it 3 have a more modern and cleaner interface (the one you have is very usable (I use better fonts, more subtle colors in the compare window - a must for me) but more tooltips to remind me of every option without having to dig into help, and buttons and icons that are not 3d in your face but more subtle until you need them would be nice, and the ability to not include certain file masks in the compare and copies (eg. *.vcc Visual SourceSafe files or *.obj, *pdbs etc) <- or is that feature hidden in v2? Also making the Project files easier to use might be nice.

thanks!

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

> Have you started dev on Synchronize it 3?

Yes

> Can we expect Synchronize it 3 within 6mos - or in 2004 for sure?

Yes, absolutely

> Will Synchronize it 3 have a more modern and cleaner interface

I hope so. At least this would be most important part of beta testing, since internal functionality would basically remain the same (with addition of FTP and few others). Probably I would present several different interfaces, and let users play with it to see which is working better.

> the ability to not include certain file masks

You can do this either by excluding all filters ( with X button), or by combining include and exclude filters with !: "*.doc ! temp*.*" - this would include all doc files instead of those whoch names starts with temp.

Post by Guest »

thanks! I just purchased it the other day! :)

unfortunately I missed your holiday pricing :cry:

but the software is well worth it anyway! :D

(btw how do I get to be a beta tester of Synchronize it 3? :?: )

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

> how do I get to be a beta tester of Synchronize it 3?

It will be public testing, so just return to our site from time to time.