Out of date range files

Do you have anything to share with other users? Your opinions about our programs, suggestions for future products - everything goes here.

Out of date range files

Post by Guest »

Hello,

First let me say, this program is really great..

I'm wondering, though, if files in the Target directory, when not included within the specified date range, could be found and deleted. For instance, for maintaining a one month only backup of critical data.

That's what I am searching for..

Thanks!

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

No, there is no built-in tools for this. Here is a simple trick I could think of. Create some empty local folder (or use existing folder without files of type you need), and add additional sync job to backup this folder to your backup drive, using filter to specify from-to date. The problem is there is currently no way to specify filter as Older then month, so you will have to manually correct date from time to time. I will add such switch in netx version, thank you for suggestion!

Post by Guest »

Thank you for the reply. I have been searching for something that could do this (without maintenance or tricks!) for a while now.. though I appreciate the suggestion.

Maybe if there were just a check box to delete files outside the date selection scope in the target folder, rather than needing two sync jobs, one for update and one for delete. Right now though, I would take either option!

If this is something you are going to add, I will be keeping an eye on here!

Thanks!